Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Decision Making

1 Samuel 14:15 (NKJV) 15 And there was trembling in the camp, in the field, and among all the people. The garrison and the raiders also trembled; and the earth quaked, so that it was a very great trembling.

Ministry - it truly is a series of difficult conversations. How I would love to pray, "Oh God, make everything perfect," but then, where was my part? In the praying? Was there something more that I could have done?

In the past I have postponed decisions to the last possible second so I would feel the most informed. A failure to act can have worse consequences than making a bad initial choice.

I work with our musicians and when one of them is struggling in skill and performance how do you approach that situation? My hope is that he would get better on his own. Or perhaps I can send him training material. No, I must speak with them and intervene. After I have boldly made a decision and acted on it, as Jonathan did, I can say, "I've done what I can."

Often we wait around for God to do what we can do. But God will often do miracles - what He alone can do - if we will do what we can do. - David Guzik

No comments:

Post a Comment